Monday, September 9, 2013

Wedding flowers - babys breath roses and orchids, oh my!

Well here is a MUCH needed update about the wedding which is 201 days away! It is getting so close!

The theme is victorian peacock. Sounds crazy, I know, but bear with me. So while searching pinterest high and low to find pics of my dream wedding, i found myself drawn o baby's breath heavy floral. It looks like lace, and lends a vintage air, but having worked for a florist since high school i needed other flowers too. So I picked baby's breath, roses, and orchids.


For  the centerpieces we are renting tall hurricane vases and we are putting an orchis in the vase and then a centerpiece of 'party time' baby's breath (which is a bigger version of baby's breath) with white spray roses in it. This way our guests can take the baby's breath and spray rose centerpiece off the top of the vase and take it home. :-)

So if these two had a baby:  and there were peacock feathers sticking out a little

 

For the bouquets I want this shape plus some peacock feathers in the background, and instead of the little white flowers (stephanotis) instert baby's breath:
I love the organic shape of the bouquet! So romantic!

Lots more pics and updates to come as my mom and I have been wedding craft fools!

No comments:

Post a Comment